Tuesday, January 11, 2022

resolutions

See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

- Isaiah 65:17

 

Here we are, eleven days into the new year.

Did you make any resolutions?

I saw a lot of Facebook posts about people not making resolutions this year, and I saw a few people that are striving to change.

Last year my resolution was to begin using other platforms to spread God’s word, specifically to start using Instagram and Twitter, I am happy to report that this is likely the only resolution that I have ever kept and have continued into the following year!

Perhaps you sang “Auld Lang Syne” at midnight on December 31st – January 1st (look up the history, it is an old Scottish song that when translated is about old friends who haven't seen each other in a while are meeting up again, having a drink, and reminiscing.)

I feel like that may be not exactly what this verse is about.

God is not telling us that we won’t remember our family, friends and lives on earth when we get to Heaven, what He is saying is that our past sins will be forgotten. (Jeremiah 31:34)

Go ahead and make your resolutions, and maybe add a few like reading the Bible and paying more attention to His word.

It seems that when we focus on Him good things happen.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...