Monday, January 17, 2022

my mind is made up

Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at His coming.

- 1 Peter 1:13

 

How many times in life do we mull over a decision and then when we reach a verdict we tell someone that our mind is made up (and they try to talk us out of it!). 
When we are facing big things, we need to set our mind and our hope on the one thing that is always constant, Jesus. 
Sometimes this is difficult, so often we are told that we have to choose something else over our Savior be it money, pleasure or even sometimes our jobs. 

We have to control where our minds and our thoughts are focused, if we are not intentional on focusing on Jesus then we are easily distracted by the “ooo shiny” things that come along and that quickly pulls us off the path with Him. 
Today is the celebration of the life of one of the great leaders of the 20th century, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am honored to quote him today: 
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. 

Let’s all stand with Jesus.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

2 comments:

  1. I needed this today. Thank you! Your always in my prayer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad that I am able to share God’s word in a meaningful way!
      ❤️🐱

      Delete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...