Friday, July 23, 2021

translations

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

- Colossians 2:9-10

 

I knew that I wanted to use this verse in my daily bread, but I was kind of at a loss on what to say. 

I love using BibleHub, because it gives me alternate translations and I love what The Message (MSG) has to say: 
Watch out for people who try to dazzle you with big words and intellectual double-talk. They want to drag you off into endless arguments that never amount to anything. They spread their ideas through the empty traditions of human beings and the empty superstitions of spirit beings. But that’s not the way of Christ. Everything of God gets expressed in him, so you can see and hear him clearly. You don’t need a telescope, a microscope, or a horoscope to realize the fullness of Christ, and the emptiness of the universe without him. When you come to him, that fullness comes together for you, too. His power extends over everything.

Whoa.

Sometimes we don’t need extra words, we just need His word translated in a different way.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...