Monday, July 19, 2021

hold on

“If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God, “I’ll get you out of any trouble. I’ll give you the best of care if you’ll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times; I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party. I’ll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!”

- Psalm 91:14-16 (MSG)

 

The last two years have been tough on everyone, we have endured tragedies beyond belief and yet we are still here.

We have been isolated, we have lost loved ones, marriages have crumbled, we have had our lives turned upside down.

What do we do when we are at our wit’s end, when everything is just crashing around us and we are on the brink of our own destruction?

We hold on, because our God promises to rescue us.

Lauren Daigle is one of my favorite artists, and she has two songs I’d like to reference today:

When the best of me is barely breathin'

When I'm not somebody I believe in

Hold on to me

When I miss the light the night has stolen

When I'm slammin' all the doors You've opened

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You

When I am sure I have reached the end

Hold on to me when I forget I need You

When I let go, hold me again

When I don't feel like I'm worth defending

When I'm tired of all my pretending

Hold on to me

When I start to break in desperation

Underneath the weight of expectation

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You (I'll hold on)

When I am sure I have reached the end

Hold on to me when I forget I need You (I'll hold on)

When I let go, hold me again

I could rest here in Your arms forever

'Cause I know nobody loves me better

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

God promises to hold us, if we trust Him.

Second song reference:

You are not hidden

There's never been a moment

You were forgotten

You are not hopeless

Though you have been broken

Your innocence stolen

I hear you whisper underneath your breath

I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

There is no distance

That cannot be covered

Over and over

You're not defenseless

I'll be your shelter

I'll be your armor

I hear you whisper underneath your breath

I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

I will never stop marching to reach you

In the middle of the hardest fight

It's true, I will rescue you

I hear the whisper underneath your breath

I hear you whisper, you have nothing left

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

I will never stop marching to reach you

In the middle of the hardest fight

It's true, I will rescue you

Oh, I will rescue you

With this song I feel like God is reminding me that He won’t let me go, no matter what He is there.

Life is hard, we certainly don’t get to avoid struggle.

Some of us suffer outwardly asking for prayer from our friends and even strangers to get us through the hard times.

Some of us hide our pain, to look at us you would not know that we are hurting but inside we are a wreck, broken and torn.

No matter which person we are or even if we are sometimes both, we need to remember that God will always hold us, always rescue us.

All we have to do is call on Him

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...