Tuesday, July 20, 2021

revenge

Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and He will deliver you.

- Proverbs 20:22

 

I used to have a little post-it on my wall that said “Karma.  No need for revenge, just sit back and wait. Those who hurt you will eventually screw up themselves and if you are lucky, God will let you watch.” 

I don’t believe in karma and I don’t believe in luck, and I certainly don’t think that God will allow us to observe the suffering of others for “fun”.

It may surprise you to know that I can hold a grudge for like ever.

That is one huge flaw that I have and readily admit.

I have probably spent way too much time thinking about how I could get revenge on some of the worst offenders.

When we are hurt or wronged by someone it is often very difficult to forgive and forget and let it go.

We need to do just that though because vengeance and vindictiveness - they only lead up to broken people, broken lives and broken hearts, often our own.

Even worse, when we try to get “paybacks” it speaks volumes about our character, loud embarrassing volumes.

Don’t hold on to your anger, don’t count the ways that someone has hurt you, don’t burn bridges.

God will take care of you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...