Tuesday, July 27, 2021

I am a sinner

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

- Romans 6:23 (NKJV)

 

No matter how hard we try I am pretty sure that we have all sinned in one way or another (if you think you have not, I refer you to Romans 3:23 -for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God).

We are humans, we are not perfect and we will fail, some more often than others, and some in many ways. 

Aren’t we fortunate then, that we have a God that loved us so much that He sent His Son to pay the price (death) on our behalf?

We no longer have to have burnt offerings on an alter, we don’t need to shred our clothing and throw ourselves on the ground, Jesus paid it ALL.

About a week ago, a friend of mine posted a picture of what appeared to be a receipt of some sort, I copied it and reposted and I want you to pay attention to it now:

JESUS PAID IT ALL

SIN                                        PAID

SHAME                                 PAID

PAIN                                      PAID

PAST MISTAKES                  PAID

REJECTION & LONLINESS PAID

SLAVERY TO SIN                 PAID

SPIRITUAL DEATH               PAID

===========================

      AMOUNT DUE              0.00

      CHANGE                       0.00

===========================

Subtotal                                0.00

GRAND TOTAL                    0.00

*************** 0000 XX/XX **********

 

FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, BUT

THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE IN

CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD.

ROMANS 6.23

 

I really hope that copies the way I typed it when I share this on the many platforms that I use, because if that doesn’t make you catch your breath for a moment, I don’t know what I am doing here. 

We are all sinners, no matter what our minds try to tell us.

We should drop to our knees, confess our sins (and stop repeating our mistakes!), thank God and praise God for loving us that much, because nobody else loves us that much. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...