Monday, July 26, 2021

thieves

Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

- John 10:7-10 (NKJV)

 

I hope with all my heart that you have never had to deal with someone breaking into your home, car, office or any personal space.

It’s a complete invasion and a lot of people never really recover from the experience.

I was seventeen when someone broke into the home where I lived in my entire life.

The house was ransacked, personal items were stolen or destroyed, the thieves even physically hurt my cat and my dog.

I never felt safe in that house again and our items were never recovered.

According to scripture, a thief’s only purpose is to steal, kill and destroy, and that is what those people did to seventeen year old me, the stole my stuff, they killed my safe place and they destroyed my faith in humanity. 

But (you knew there would be a “but” right?) God send His Son, so that people who believe in Him, who trust in Him, who put their faith in Him will have their lives restored.

We will have life, we will have abundant life, we will have the fullness of joy, strength for our spirit, refreshing for our soul.

Thieves can take material things, but they cannot take us away from God.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...