Tuesday, April 13, 2021

gently

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

- Philippians 4:5

 

I used to foster kittens and cats, we have had 29 litters and a total of 142 kitties come through our doors.

I only adopted 4 of them, but believe me I wants almost all of them.

I enjoyed having people come over to meet the kittens and I enjoyed working adoption events.

When young children would want to hold the kittens, almost inevitably the parents would warn them “gently, you have to pet/hold the kitty gently”.

I like to think that as children of God, He is being gentle with us, loving us and holding us.

Since we are made in His image, we should in turn be gentle with other, human or animal.

The way that we treat others reflects directly on us, and in return how others treat us is based on how we make them feel.

Maya Angelou is quoted as having said “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

So be gentle, make people feel God’s love through you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...