Friday, April 23, 2021

mine!

But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

- Isaiah 43:1

 

“It’s MINE!”

I’m pretty sure each one of us has heard those words out of the mouths of children whether it was our own children or someone else’s kids or even as siblings growing up. 

We still hear it today out of some adults along with the justification of “possession in nine tenths of the law”.

Three interesting facts here:

1. the origin of that phrase is thought to be an old Scottish proverb “ possession is eleven points in the law, and they say there are but twelve”.

2. the principle was applied in 1878 to decide the dispute between the Hatfields and the McCoys over ownership of pigs and

3. modern courts do not formally observe the “nine tenths of the law” principle.

All of that history stuff aside, I am so glad that God is very clear that I am His.

Just like a child is possessive of a much loved toy, God is possessive of His children.

He loves us and will do everything to protect us, we are His.

Reading deeper into chapter 43, we find that God promises to protect us from water and fire and He will gather His children together for His glory.

“You are mine”.

Those are very comforting words to hear in this world full of turmoil.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...