Friday, April 9, 2021

hi Mom!

But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.

- Ruth 1:16-18

 

People tend to feel like most moms are pretty neat, someone to love you, care for you, keep you safe and stand up for you when things get crazy.

Mothers-in-law over the course of history have gotten a bad rap though, portrayed as evil, manipulative and sometimes downright nasty.

My mother-in-law is so far from that stereotype – she is simply top notch.

She raised three amazing children (my husband included), while working very hard supporting the family business and keeping house.

She is the best grandma, baking cookies and making sure grandkids have fun at her house.

She taught me a lot of cooking, sewing and family tricks and tips.

She, along with my amazing father-in-law taught me the most important thing in the world, they taught me who God really is.

My mother-in-law is celebrating her birthday this weekend, and I just want her to know how much I love and appreciate her.

I thank her for raising a wonderful son to be my husband, for being patient with me when I was learning how to treat him like a wife is supposed to treat her husband, for helping us to teach our children, for walking with me and gently prodding me when I was falling off the path God wants me on.

Thank you Mom, happy birthday, I love you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...