Friday, March 26, 2021

hope to grow on

For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease.

- Job 14:7 (ESV)

 

We can never lose hope, it is the beginning of so many wonderful things.

Even through all of his suffering Job never lost hope.

Sometimes, hope is all we have to cling to during rough times, and that hope we are clinging to should be the hope that lives in our God.

If you Google “what is hope” you will come up with many images and sayings, “hope is passion for what is possible”, “hope begins when we see with our heart that the life and death of Jesus Christ changed everything”.

And so many Bible verses: Hebrews 6:18, Numbers 23:19, Proverbs 23:18; Romans 15:13 . . . I have often said in my daily bread that if it is in the Bible a lot, that it must be something that God want’s us to notice. 

The image that got me most though was an acrostic poem (An acrostic poem is a poem where certain letters in each line spell out a word or phrase.)

Hold

On

Pain

Ends

Hope . . . if Job had it, we should too.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...