Thursday, March 11, 2021

honey

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

- Proverbs 16:24

 

Our words have power, power for life, power for death.

God’s words have even more power – in Genesis, God spoke and His words were power for life.

God made us, created our lives in His image and He wanted our mouths to be used for good.

James tells us all about the tongue, and hour our tongue can be venom, fire, out of control, a deadly poison, words that can kill.

With our tongue we praise God, and with that same tongue, we curse our fellow human.

Those curses can crush the spirit.

God uses gracious words with us, words like love, peace, forgive, and in His forgiveness we find grace and peace.

Song reference!

Well God, I'm on my knees again

God, I'm begging please again, I need You

Oh, I need You

Walking down these desert roads

Water for my thirsty soul, I need You

Oh, I need You

Your forgiveness

Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips

Like the sound of a symphony to my ears

It's like holy water on my skin (hey!)

Dead man walking, slave to sin

I wanna know about being born again, I need You

Oh, God, I need You

So, take me to the riverside

Take me under, baptize, I need You

Oh, God, I need You (let me hear you)

Your forgiveness

Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips

Like the sound of a symphony to my ears

It's like holy water on my skin

On my skin, oh

I don't wanna abuse Your grace

God, I need it every day

It's the only thing that ever really

Makes me wanna change

I don't wanna abuse Your grace

God, I need it every day

It's the only thing that ever really

Makes me wanna change

I don't wanna abuse Your grace

God, I need it every day

It's the only thing that ever really

Makes me wanna change, oh

I don't wanna abuse Your grace

God, I need it every day

It's the only thing that ever really

Makes me wanna change

Your forgiveness

Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips (yes it is)

Oh it's like the sound of a symphony to my ears (alright)

Like holy water

Your forgiveness

Oh, it's like sweet, sweet honey on my lips

Like the sound of a symphony to my ears

It's like holy water on my skin

It's like holy water on my skin

It's like holy water

I hope you have heard that song – if you haven’t I encourage you to look it up, the artist is We the Kingdom.

Think about the grace and forgiveness we receive from the Father and make your desire to please Him with your words.

Tow of the most powerful words you can say is “I forgive”.

You are not hurting anyone when you harbor anger and bitterness, you are only harming yourself.

Forgive others, as He forgives us, and let the healing begin.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...