Monday, February 1, 2021

slow down!

 But you will not leave in haste or go in flight; for the Lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard.

- Isaiah 52:12

 

This kind of doesn’t make sense when you first read it, because it says that God will lead, but the next line says God will follow???

Those of you that have known me or have read my blog over the years know that patience is not a virtue I possess.

I am always in a hurry, always busy, always have a million things to do, I think I sometimes have God in the background.

Those of you who know me also know I relate to music a lot – so here is a secular song reference:

I'm in a hurry to get things done

Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun

All I really gotta do is live and die

But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

Don't know why

I have to drive so fast

My car has nothing to prove

It's not new

But it'll do 0 to 60 in 5.2

Oh I'm in a hurry to get things done

Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun

All I really gotta do is live and die

But I'm in a hurry and don't know why

Can't be late

I leave plenty of time

Shaking hands with the clock

I can't stop

I'm on a roll and I'm ready to rock

Oh I'm in a hurry to get things done

Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun

All I really gotta do is live and die

But I'm in a hurry and don't know why

I hear a voice

That say's I'm running behind

I better pick up my pace

It's a race

And there ain't no room

For someone in second place.

I'm in a hurry to get things done

Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun

All I really gotta do is live and die

But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

I wonder why we feel like we have to go, go, go all the time?

Is it the devil, thinking that if we stay busy we don’t have time for God?

Take time each day and ask God to lead you, and if He is telling you to slow down, maybe you should listen.

Let God lead you, but also let Him be there to pick you up when you are rushing into things and end up flat on your face.

I think that is what this verse means when it says that He will be your rear guard.

Slow down, let God lead and if you should trip, God is there to catch you.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...