Wednesday, February 24, 2021

copy cat

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

- Romans 12:2

 

I think every child has said to their parent “but, my friends are doing it”.

And I think every parent has said to their child “if your friends jumped off a bridge would you do it too?”.

Perhaps that is not the best response we should give our children when they want to do something that goes against our wishes.

I mean, God doesn’t say that!

Instead, Paul tells us that we should not conform to the patterns of this world.

That means of course, that we do not have to do everything that someone else is doing, especially if it is not something good.

We don’t have to keep up with the Joneses.

We don’t have to be like everyone else.

It is perfectly fine for us to live the way God wants us to live, instead of being a copy cat.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...