Friday, February 12, 2021

love

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

- 1 John 4:16

 

Well here we are, another Valentine’s Day weekend.

Valentine’s day is a great money maker for retail though, sales of flowers, candy, jewelry, cards go through the roof! 

According to the internet, Valentines day is the number three holiday in retail, with number one being Christmas/Hanukkah and the second highest being Mother’s day.

Most years I am dieting so my husband isn’t “allowed” to buy me candy.  I have more jewelry than I could ever wear and I don’t care much for cut flowers that wither and die (or get eaten by certain cats who shall remain nameless “Mittens”). 

I’ve heard Valentine’s day being referred to as “singles awareness day” and who did not have the heartache as a child of not getting a special valentine at the school party?

We don’t need “stuff” – flowers, candy, jewelry, stuffed animals and cards, those things don’t last – but the love of our Father is forever.

You may or may not have an earthly valentine this year, but God has been asking you to be His valentine since the day you were conceived.

You are God’s love story, so show it, live it, be the love that lives in you through Christ Jesus.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...