Thursday, September 3, 2020

self control

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age

- Titus 2:11-12

 

I want chocolate.

Like all the time.

This is a huge problem for me because well, it makes me huge!

Chocolate is kind of a tiny example of something that as a human we need to have self-control around.

From the moment we are born we are being taught patience, whether it is waiting for our mom to feed us, waiting for the teacher to call on us in class or waiting for our turn in various queues in life.

Self-control is a valuable life lesson, and this lesson can help us in many ways, but it especially helps us to live the godly lives that our Father wants for us. 

When we say “no” to the things that will hurt us, we are saying “yes” to following God.

Trust me, we want to say “yes” to God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...