Friday, September 11, 2020

remember

I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.. 

– Lamentations 3:20-23 (NLT)

 

September 11th is a lot of things to a lot of people, some good and some bad.

For some it was the day that reality came crashing down when the United States was attacked on our own soil.

For others it is the day they lost a friend or a loved one because of that attack.

For me, it is the day that my 17 year old brother was hit by a truck and killed while walking home from school.

But there are happy memories too, there are birthdays and anniversaries, and interesting events in history.

In 1970 the Ford Pinto was introduced – dude!  My first car was a 1976 Pinto!!

The thing is, even on our saddest days, we have the love of God to see us through.

He is merciful, loving, kind and faithful and when we are feeling like we are at the end of our rope, He is there.

He is holding the end of that rope, waiting for us to let go and fall into His arms.

Even in our darkest hour, remember, we have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...