Wednesday, September 9, 2020

know Him

 I want loving-kindness and not a gift to be given in worship. I want people to know God instead of giving burnt gifts.

- Hosea 6:6

 

First thing that popped into my mind when I read this verse was not a hymn or a praise song, but a secular song that was first recorded in 1958.

It’s been recorded by several artists, the most current being Amy Winehouse (I admit to having never heard that version!)

The lyrics I recall are “To know know know him, Is to love love love him, And I do”

When I google the song, I see the whole thing and think about how it can be revamped as a Christian song!

Ok – I am a little off track here, my point is that the God we serve does not require burnt offerings anymore (Jesus took that when He died for us), all He wants is for us to know Him. 

To really know Him.

Fully know Him.

I promise, to know Him is to love Him.

I do.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...