Tuesday, July 21, 2020

together


For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.
- Matthew 18:20

“Unprecedented times”
“New normal”
“Social distancing”
These are the words that we hear today, a chilling version of reality where we are no longer able to assemble together for any reason because in doing so we are risking our lives as well as the lives of people we care about.
Things we took for granted, like going to church on Sunday was suddenly stopped cold and we were told not to congregate for our own safety.
What happens when the church is no longer able to meet?
Thankfully many churches have been able to continue services via live streaming, however some folks are still unable to view these services.
Grab your Bible and grab your family, or if you live alone call a friend and have a phone Bible study.
Jesus said that when we gather in His name He is with us.
I am pretty sure that this includes phone calls, so no more excuses, we are alone together!
I saw something on FaceBook over the weekend that made me smile:
“just like nasty flies disappear when the flyswatter comes out, so does the enemy when we pray – prayer is the devil swatter!”
Don’t let evil and darkness creep in just because we can’t go to Sunday services, grab someone and pray, because He will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...