Thursday, July 30, 2020

good company

Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.

- Philippians 3:17-20

 

I want you to think of something that you do.

Something that you have always done a certain way.

Why do you do it that way? 

Most of the time we do things because we learned them from someone else, good or bad.

I have been known to end friendships because I notice that I act differently when I am around certain people, we all do that – we hang out with people and we start to emulate their actions, their behavior and sometimes, it is not flattering to us or others.

We have to be strong in our friendships (iron sharpens iron and such) and we have to have friends that are determined to live as Christ followers, so that we don’t fall away from the path.

We should guide others to this path, but never ever lose sight of the path when you are trying to lead someone and let them start leading you down a wrong path.

Choose your friends wisely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...