Friday, July 24, 2020

good morning


In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice. In the morning I will lay my prayers before You and will look up.
- Psalm 5:3 (NLV)

Most of us have a routine in the mornings, and if that routine gets messed up, it sets the tone for the whole day.
This is true of me for sure, but here I am challenging myself to mess up my own routine.
Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier tonight, and when it goes off don’t hit snooze, but immediately turn your thoughts to God.
Talk to Him, tell Him good morning, and talk to Him about your plans for the day.
Look up, turn your eyes to heaven.
Here – just for you, a song reference:
Where are You now
When darkness seems to win?
Where are You now
When the world is crumbling?
Oh I, I-I-I, I hear You say
I hear You say
Look up child, ayy
Look up child, ayy
Where are You now (where are You?)
When all I feel is doubt?
Oh, where are You now
When I can't figure it out?
Oh I, I-I-I, I hear You say
I hear You say
Look up child, ayy
Look up child, ayy
Look up child, ayy
Look up child, ayy
Look up
You're not threatened by the war
You're not shaken by the storm
I know You're in control
Even in our suffering
Even when it can't be seen
I know You're in control
Oh I, I-I-I, I hear You say
I hear You say
Look up child, ayy
Look up child, ayy
Look up child
I saw a coffee cup a while back that said “Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, “Oh crap, she's up!”
If you focus on Him first thing in the morning – you can take on the day, just look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...