Monday, April 27, 2020

forgiveness


If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Matthew 6:14-15

There are a few rules about forgiveness, you have to forgive yourself and you have to forgive others.
My pastor said in one of his (amazing) sermons “God will not spend the blood of His son Jesus if you will not be a conduit of forgiveness to others.“
Whoa.
I have heard a few people argue the forgiveness thing, “how can I forgive this person for doing this to me?” “how can I forgive myself for letting this happen?”
Ya’all, listen: we are told to live more like Jesus, and guess what?  Jesus came to earth so we could be forgiven.
I am not discounting the fact that forgiving others is hard, those who know my story know that some pretty horrific things have happened to me, but as I have grown closer to Jesus I have realized that these pain these people caused is in the past, and by not forgiving them I am only hurting myself.
Why on earth would I want to keep hurting myself?
Forgiveness.  Try it.  You’d be surprised at how free you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...