Monday, April 13, 2020

He's Alive!


Then He opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.”
- Luke 24:45-48

Happy Easter! He is alive, He is risen, He is risen indeed!!
Last week was rough for me, I was down pretty sick, but it was not nearly as rough on me as it was on Jesus!
Jesus knew it was coming, He prayed if there were any other way for God to take the other way.
But there was not another way.
Jesus went through pain that is not even conceivable to us, being beaten with whips that literally tore the skin from His back, having a crown of thorns shoved on His head so hard as to make Him bleed.
I can’t even begin to imagine His pain, and it did not end there.
He did this for US.
So that we could gain entrance to Heaven with Him.
We are forgiven, because He was forsaken.
Song reference (a snippet)!
I'm forgiven because You were forsaken
I'm accepted, You were condemned
I'm alive and well, Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again
Amazing love, how can it be
That You, my King, should die for me?
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honor You
In all I do, to honor You
In all I do, to honor You
You are my King
You are my King
Jesus, You are my King
You are my King
Hallelujah, the King is alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...