Monday, August 5, 2019

open books, open minds

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
•Psalm 119:130

I love to read, I have loved reading since I was a child. 
My mother used to get mad at me because I took books with me everywhere, even a simple trip to the grocery store. 
My husband encourages me to read and several years ago bought me a Nook, which, through Barnes and Noble’s “Free Book Friday” offer open a whole new genre of books for me. 
When you browse a list of titles, and flip the book over to read the synopsis, sometimes that is what makes or breaks the book for you, at least it does for me. 
What if the Bible had a synopsis?
I’ve heard “Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth”, but what if there was something on the back or the inside cover that would compel you to read the Bible? 
When you read a history book, you learn about what happened in the past, you learn and your knowledge grows. 
Shouldn’t we let the words of His Book, flow into our hearts, our minds, our souls, so we can learn and grow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...