Thursday, August 29, 2019

broken


Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but He will heal us; He has injured us but He will bind up our wounds.
- Hosea 6:1

I was hesitant to post this verse, because a part of me didn’t like it.
I love that God will heal me, I love that God will bind my wounds, but I don’t like the words that He has torn us to pieces or that He injured us, because I don’t think that is true.
I actually had to go read the chapters before this verse to gain understanding of the verse.
Israel had repeatedly gone against God.
They rebelled against Him, they worshipped other gods.
He tried to warn them, but they would not listen.
The people were unfaithful, and God withdrew from them.
Hosea was a prophet, he was encouraging people to return to God.
But they would not listen.
God was saddened by their disrespect to Him.
Think about a time when your children defied you, you were probably angry, but you never stopped loving them.
Or, if you don’t have children, I am pretty sure you can remember a time when you disappointed a parent, a grandparent, a teacher or a friend, they may have even expressed to you that you had let them down, but they never stopped loving you.
God never stopped loving Israel, and He will never stop loving us.
No matter how badly we behave, God never stops loving us, He wants us to run back to Him, so He can heal us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...