Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Healing

“Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise." 

If you are regular readers of my blog, you may have noticed that I didn’t post yesterday. 
Hubby and I went to Iowa to visit family then to Sturgis for the motorcycle rally. The Black Hills are absolutely breathtaking, we drove through the badlands and saw God’s glory in the earth. 
Monday we rode through Spearfish Canyon, we saw Bridal Veil Falls, and rode a little further to Devils Bathtub. It’s about a 2 mile hike through the Black Hills to get to this natural waterfall that falls into a basin. 
Somehow I forgot that I am 50 and not in great shape, and I was 250 feet from the basin when I slipped on a wet rock and broke my ankle. 
I had to be medevac’d out of the Forest, the hospital confirmed a minimum of two breaks. We are heading back to Arkansas so I can see a surgeon. Pain killers are a blessing for long rides. 
Jeremiah 17:14 says “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed”. I know that this verse is talking about our spirit, our soul, but I also know my God is watching over my leg too. 
There are so many things that could have happened that didn’t, so many factors that I know God had a hand in. 
I’m on the road to healing, and I know God is with me every step of the way. 

1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...