Thursday, August 8, 2019

Giving up control

 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
Matthew 16:24

My daily devotional today was titled “Give Up Control” with this verse. 
At first I didn’t think that there was a way to connect those words to my life today. 
And then I read “giving up control is a daily, no, sometimes a minute by minute thing.” 
I’m struggling with this a lot right now - I’m a “little” independent- ok, a lot independent.
It’s driving me crazy right now having to ask people to help me do things. 
Jesus wanted His disciples to know that they must put aside their fear of suffering or pain and follow Him. 
Pain. Fear. Suffering. Asking for help. 
Giving up control. 
Corrie ten Boom said “You may never know that Jesus is all you need, until Jesus is all you have.”
I’m glad that I have Jesus, especially after the events of the last few days. So many bad things could have happened but having Jesus sure made a difference in the way events unfolded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...