Monday, May 14, 2018

quiet words


         The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded than shouts of a ruler of fools.  
- Ecclesiastes 9:17

We live in a world that thrives on the “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” mentality.
For certain many great things have been accomplished by people who speak up and fight for what is right.
These days however, it is sad to observe the shouts of those who consider themselves pioneers and leaders, because quite often I find that those who are shouting the loudest don’t even know why they are shouting. 
Please don’t misunderstand me, there are numerous causes that need the publicity to raise awareness.
On the other hand, there are squeaky wheels who are organizing protests and walkouts and boycotts who honestly know nothing about the bottom line or the impact their actions will ultimately have.  
Sometimes it is the quiet words of the wise that are needed to bring about change.
Maybe this is another place where we are being told to be still and listen?

Have a blessed day!
-          Oh and shout out to my youngest son – happy 20th birthday, PFC Jordan Matz!! -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...