Monday, May 28, 2018

Always Remember


Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His faithful servants.
-Psalm 116:15

Today is Memorial Day.
According to dictionary dot com, Memorial Day is “a day on which those who died in active military service are remembered”.
People often get Memorial Day mixed up with Veteran’s Day and go around telling everyone “thank a vet for their service”.
I have no issues with thanking the men and women that serve our country every day, I am a proud Army mom.
But I am also a Gold Star sister.
A Gold Star Family is the immediate family member(s) of a fallen service member who died while serving in a time of conflict. (hopeforthewarriors dot org)
While I was in high school, one of my English Literature classes required memorizing a poem.
While the rest of my class was practicing Ralph Waldo Emerson or Robert Frost, I learned this little gem by Rudyard Kipling:

In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things righted,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted.

I appreciate everyone that tells my son thank you (although it still makes him a little uncomfortable).
But today, please take a moment to remember those who never came home.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...