Friday, May 4, 2018

May the Light be with you!


This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all.  If we claim to have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.  But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
- 1 John 1:5-7

May the Force be with you (and also with you!) or on today, may the fourth be with you.
Yeah, I am a little nerdy – it’s ok, I embrace my nerdiness.
Did you know that there are anywhere from five to nine parallels to the Bible or Christian messages in the Star Wars series? (thank you Googles!)
Seriously, think about it, light vs. dark, good vs. evil, the darth sith, the unlikely hero in Luke Skywalker.
We read most of these stories in some form in the Bible, and always, good conquers bad, the light wins.
What about us?
Do you trend toward the dark side, or do you walk firmly in the light?
I want to believe that there is no darkness in me, but I know the truth, I am pitifully human, a sinner no matter how hard I try.
It is a good thing that the blood of Jesus, the Light of the world, has redeemed me.
So for me, on this May 4th, I am going to say “May the Light be with you.”
You know what I mean.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...