Tuesday, March 27, 2018

what can you handle?


No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13

Hey, kids! It’s time to play “have you ever heard the expression . . .?”
How about “God won’t give you more than you can handle”. . . I think I hear that one quite a lot.
Our recent sermon series at church was cliché Christianity, and that was one of the clichés that we covered.
Like most sayings , quotes, old wives’ tales and other various expressions, this. is. not. true.
Really – it’s not.
Think about the statement . . . God won’t give you more than you can handle.
But how much CAN you handle before you break?
For me, it is not much!! Then what?  Then I break and the world comes crashing down around me?
Or how about “God won’t take you to it if He won’t take you through it”?
COME ON!!!
Let’s just completely set ourselves up for failure here – because if we can’t “get through it” we think it is our fault and then we just get sad and angry.
Listen - God doesn’t cause bad things to happen (we’ve been over this before), but when bad things do happen He wants you to lean on Him.
And when those things happen, when you fall prey to the evil one’s games – God will provide a way for you to endure.
He loves you, you know.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...