Tuesday, March 20, 2018

are you sick?

On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’  For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
- Matthew 9:12-13

Some people are meticulous about scheduling yearly check-ups, I am not one of those people.
I kind of go with the thought that if I am not sick, I don’t need a doctor.
But here we are told that even though we don’t need a doctor, we should still go to check our health.
If we are in perfect health, we have nothing to worry about, we can continue to maintain our good health.
If there is a problem, the doctor will call and schedule tests and follow up visits.
It is quite similar with our spiritual health, we need to check in with God often to maintain our spiritual health.
We are all sinners whether we admit it or not, so go get your spirit checked today.  


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...