Monday, March 5, 2018

listen to this

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise.  Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
- Proverbs 19:20-21

I may be the worst person in the world about listening to advice (I sure am quick to offer it though!) and accepting discipline?  We might not want to go there!
But wait – the Bible says that we NEED to listen to advice and accept discipline.
The Lord doesn’t ask us what we want to do, and several times in the Bible He says “I know the plans I have for you”
We really need to “be still and listen”.
I am a planner – I like my day to be scheduled and I am not a fan of surprises, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
Just maybe He has a better plan for us than we have?
Yeah, I think He probably does.
I think I better listen.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...