Thursday, March 29, 2018

FROG!


We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.
- 2 Corinthians 1:8-9

  
Once again we visit the idea that we should not trust our own instincts, but fully rely on God.
Years and years ago, when I taught Sunday school (don’t fall over, I got roped into it!) we had a campaign called F.R.O.G.
Fully Rely On God.
The point of the lessons was to teach our children that they do not have to make it in the world by themselves.
It’s dangerous to go alone! <- that is a Zelda reference for my youngest son, you are welcome, son.
Don’t be uninformed – F.R.O.G.
Don’t be afraid – F.R.O.G.
God is bigger than your troubles – F.R.O.G.
And never ever give up – F.R.O.G.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...