Thursday, March 15, 2018

there are rewards

Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules. The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops.
- 2 Timothy 2:3-6

This verse might be a little confusing, but I think the essence of it is that we should work hard at everything we do so that we can reap the blessings.
A soldier is going to follow the instructions of the person that is his senior, not some random person off the street.
An athlete is going to fight their hardest for first place, to earn that ribbon, or trophy, title or plaque.
All of 2 Timothy 2 is about the appeal renewed and dealing with false teachers.  My favorite part of 2 Timothy 2 (maybe I should have used this section for today) is this:
11 Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with Him,
    we will also live with Him;

12 if we endure,
    we will also reign with Him.
If we disown Him,
    He will also disown us;

13 if we are faithless,
    He remains faithful,
    for He cannot disown Himself.

Join with me, and be a good soldier of Christ – the rewards are amazing.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...