Wednesday, February 28, 2018

i have hope

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Romans 8:24-30

Picture this: the year is 1977, Heinz ketchup airs a commercial using the Carly Simon song “Anticipation”, indicating that good things come to those who wait.
It sounds silly, but it is really very true.
I really love these six verses because they combine so much of what we already know.
Hope is good – we don’t hope for stuff we already have, we hope for things to come.
Patience is good – and boy do I need to learn this one – we wait patiently for God to use us to do His work.
Weakness is not a bad thing, it gives the Spirit more to work with.
Good things come to those who wait, because God is working in us and through us, and He’s not finished with us yet!
Song reference!
There is hope for me yet
Because God won't forget
All the plans He's made for me
I'll have to wait and see
He's not finished with me yet

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord (yeah, that is another song!)


Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...