Friday, February 16, 2018

i am sad

But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.  Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.
- Job 12:7-10
In the midst of yet another national tragedy, I am overwhelmed with grief from a trauma of my own.
Not everyone is going to understand this, and I would hope that those who don’t understand will gain a little perspective.
Yesterday afternoon, our 14 year old yellow lab crossed the rainbow bridge.
I like to think that she was met by her fur brother and sisters, and they are all running through fields of grass together.
We can sure learn a lot from animals, even the Bible says so!
Especially those that find their way into our homes and subsequently into our hearts.
I thought about listing out some of the things you can learn from an animal, but at this point it kind of feels cliché.
People could learn a lot from animals if they would just stop and observe.
I can’t even compare the loss of my dog and what it is doing to my heart to the multiple tragedies unfolding in this country every single day.
I’m not even going to try.  
I’m going to lean on the Word of God and I am going to encourage others to do the same.
While the country struggles to understand the senseless destruction going on, I am going to encourage people to find comfort in His Word.
Be good to each other.  

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...