Tuesday, February 27, 2018

should i seek revenge?

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- Romans 12:17-21

“I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!”
It seems that getting revenge has been around since the beginning of time.  
Cain killed Abel because he was angry (and perhaps getting revenge) that Abel’s offering was better.
There are dozens of examples in the Bible of people out to get revenge.
Let me ask you though, does it really make you feel better?
I can think of a few times when I thought I was getting revenge on someone, and it bit me in the butt – hard.
Hmmm . . . maybe revenge is not a dish best served cold, and maybe we should not exact revenge at all.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...