Tuesday, February 6, 2018

gently

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
- Galatians 6:1-2

This is hard, and it is one of the verses that just came out and slapped me right in the face.
It is hard for the person that is calling out the sinner and it is hard for the person that is sinning.
I can think of several times in my life that someone has called me out and my knee jerk reaction was to throw whatever I knew about their failures back in their face.
I can also think of times when I have called someone out not so gently.
Carry each other’s burdens.
We are called by God to lift each other in prayer and love, even when it hurts.
Next time you are caught in a sin (and I promise, we will all sin again, we are human – it happens whether we like it or not), try to understand that someone is trying to restore you.
Next time you try to restore someone that is sinning, be gentle.
Carry each other’s burdens in love and understanding.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...