Monday, February 26, 2018

are you a fool?

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.
- Psalm 14:1

My heart is heavy.
I send these verses and my thoughts out in email, I post them to a blog, and I post the link to the blog on my personal Facebook page.
On Friday, one of my Facebook “friends” was apparently offended by my words and reported the link to Facebook as “spam”.
Fortunately, I was able to counter the accusation and my link was reposted.
The fool says there is no God.
According to the dictionary, atheist is “a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods”  agnostic is “a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God”.
You have the right to choose what you believe, as do I.
I posted a “rant” on Facebook to send the reporter the following message:
If you do not agree with what I post, I’m open to having a conversation, I’m happy to listen to your point of view, and share with you the reasons I believe. 
I will even respect your right to not believe - BUT you do NOT get to report my posts to Facebook as “spam”. 
If you don’t like the daily blog post, you do not have to click the link. 
You have the ability to choose not to see my posts. 
You have the authority to unfriend me. 
You DO NOT have the right to have my posts deleted because you find it offensive. 
If I find out who reported my post as spam, I will delete and block you.
I have come to know that this is not the way that I should have handled this.
Instead of posting a rant about it, I should have posted the trademarked quote from Radioshack “You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.”
I should have opened the floor for communication – why did the person report my link? 
What is it about God that that person finds offensive?
I am willing to talk. 
Maybe I don’t have all the answers.
Maybe we will leave the table and that person still won’t believe.
Maybe we will leave the table and that person will start a relationship with Christ.
 I saw a “motivational” poster once with the quote “I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is.” (Albert Camus)
You know what? I am going to continue to spread the word of God because that is what I do.
That is what He made me to do.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...