Thursday, February 15, 2018

thankful for mentors :)

We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.

I am very fortunate to have several mentors in my life right now, people who truly follow the path that God has set for them.
I do thank God for these mentors every day, for if their faith was not strong, how could they mentor me?
This works in life too you know.
We used to play a little game at meal time in my home.
After grace, and when the meal was being dished out and eaten, we would go around the table and ask each individual how was your day, what did you learn new, what are you grateful for and why (and who do you want to go next)?
No one was immune, even if you were a first time guest you had to answer the questions.
Sometimes these questions were thought provoking and triggered deeper conversations.
Sometimes the answers were just standard “get me away from my parents” answers.
But the two big take aways were this – always learn something new – every single day.
And always be thankful for something.
What are you thankful for?


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...