Monday, September 2, 2024

be still

Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.

- Mark 4:39 (NKJV)

I don’t know about you, but there have been a lot of storms in my world this year.
For once I’m referring to the weather, it seems it rained every day in May, so I did some research and found that most of the websites indicated 17 days of rain in May – that is like half the month!

Compared to 9 days in April and 9 days in June, it’s no wonder we felt soggy!
My family saw devastating tornadoes and floods in our current town and our hometowns in May and June.
It felt like the storms just would not end, both the physical storms and the emotional storms.  
In 2020 Hope Darst released a song called Peace Be Still, in it she sings about fearing the storms and how we can trust Jesus to calm our storms, here is a snippet of the song:
I don't want to be afraid

Every time I face the waves

I don't want to be afraid

I don't want to be afraid

I don't want to fear the storm

Just because I hear it roar

I don't want to fear the storm

I don't want to fear the storm

Peace be still

Say the word and I will

Set my feet upon the sea

'Til I'm dancing in the deep

Peace be still

You are here so it is well

Even when my eyes can't see

I will trust the voice that speaks

I'm not gonna be afraid

'Cause these waves are only waves

I'm not gonna be afraid

No, I'm not gonna be afraid

And I'm not gonna fear the storm

You are greater than its roar

Oh, I'm not gonna fear the storm

No, I'm not gonna fear at all

Peace be still

Say the word and I will

Set my feet upon the sea

'Til I'm dancing in the deep

Peace be still

You are here so it is well

Even when my eyes can't see

I will trust the voice that speaks

Peace, peace over me
I am still amazed that when I turn to the Lord, He can calm the storms. 
He may not completely stop the destruction and pain, but knowing He is there helps me through those storms.

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...