Wednesday, September 18, 2024

politics

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

- Romans 12:18 (NIV)

 

I have heard that the word “politics” is derived from the Greek (or Latin, depending on who you believe) “poly” meaning many and the word “tick” which is a blood sucking insect.
Just like most of the things we hear or read, this is not one hundred percent true, this in fact is a joke.
“Politics” is a noun from the 1520’s referencing the science and art if government, where “politic” is an adjective pertaining to public affairs concerning the governance of a country or people.
Thank you, online etymology dictionary.
There is a reason why I tend to avoid social media and new stations around this time of year.
Because no one can agree and as a result everyone hates everyone. 
I had someone tell me once that if I don’t vote (I do vote) that I don’t care. 
Someone else told me that if I vote one way, I am dooming everyone and everything that this country believes in.
I have heard a hundred billion times “that’s not MY president” or “that’s not MY flag”.
I find it kind of funny that if I don’t believe the same way that someone else does, I must be totally against everything and apparently my friendship depends on what I believe.
Let me first say that I have family that died for that flag. 
Then let me remind everyone that we are called to live at peace with everyone. 
EVERYONE. 
We don’t have to agree. 
We don’t have to discuss. 
But we do have to love. 
Stop spreading hate. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...