Wednesday, September 13, 2023

you were right

Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.

- Proverbs 12:1 (NKJV)

 

The word “stupid” is in the Bible. 
Go ahead, go look it up, I’ll wait. 

The New international Version of the Bible says, “whoever hates correction is stupid”.
That kind of hurts a little, doesn’t it? 
I hate it when I must admit that my husband is right about something (love you, honey).

Seriously though . . . I know a whole lot of people that have gone their entire lives blaming everyone else for the things that go wrong.

Nothing is ever their fault, they complain constantly about their life and circumstances, yet they do nothing to correct it and they become extremely defensive if you question their decisions, always ready to back themselves up with some sort of flawed logic.

The vast majority of us have people in our lives who love us enough to correct us when we are being stupid.

It might make us angry, it might hurt our feelings, but the truth of the matter is, if someone loves you enough to be bold and tell you the truth about your circumstances, you might want to listen.

Remember how I have said that if something is repeated in the Bible it must be important?

It’s the same with your life – if God sends you people that tell you the same thing about the same mistakes, it might be time to dust off the old brain and use some knowledge that He has given you.  

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...