Monday, September 25, 2023

train your heart to smile

 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.

- Proverbs 17:22 (NLT)

 

My sister sent me a picture of a little card that says "Train your heart to smile and your soul to sing and you'll find blessings in each and everything!"

But it is hard to be cheerful when it feels like the world is crashing down around you.

I have spent countless hours in tears, trying to make sense of something horrible that has happened, hours in prayer asking God “why?”.

Maybe God doesn’t always give me a direct answer.

I have learned that if I can smile through my pain rather than dwell on the heartache, I feel better.

We all need that reminder sometimes. (Thank you, Sister)

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...