Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Unending

Again and again they limited God, preventing Him from blessing them. Continually they turned back from Him and provoked the Holy One of Israel! They forgot His great love, how He took them by His hand, and with redemption’s kiss He delivered them from their enemies.

- Psalm 78:41-42 (TPT)

 

Do you remember the song “Little Bunny Foo Foo”?

Little bunny Foo Foo
Hopping through the forest
Scooping up the field mice
And boppin' 'em on the head!

Down came the good fairy
And the good fairy said:
"Little bunny Foo Foo, I don't wanna see you
Scooping up the field mice and boppin' 'em on the head!
I'm gonna give you three chances,
Then I'm gonna turn you into a goon!"

OK, now that you have that in your head (you are welcome) I want you to think about the was the song ended. 

Three times Foo Foo scooped up field mice and bopped them.

Three times the fairy told him to stop.

That last time – well *poof* Foo Foo was a goon.

If you are done laughing, I really do have a point to this story ðŸ˜Š

How many times do we turn our backs on God, and how many times does He let us run back to His arms and when we ask for forgiveness and repent of our sin? 

God freely gives us His unending love.

God doesn’t just give us three chances and turn us into goons.

He gives unending love – that is His amazing grace. (yeah, that was another song reference).

Don’t forget His great love.

And don’t bop the field mice on the head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...