Tuesday, August 11, 2020

think first

Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.

- Proverbs 12:18 (NCV)

 

I can’t even begin to list the number of times I have stuck my foot into my mouth.

Words can wound us until we feel that we are beyond repair.

Seemingly innocuous thoughts can slip out of our lips damaging the reputation or feelings of someone without us even realizing it at the time.

We know this is true because we struggle to remember what we had for lunch yesterday, yet we remember in great detail the battle of wits that cost us a friendship in the 7th grade. 

Words carry power.

Are your words healing or hurting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...