Wednesday, August 5, 2020

sustained

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.

- Psalm 3:5

 

August 5th, 2019 was a day I will not soon forget.

We were hiking in Spearfish Canyon, in the middle of the Black Hills national Forest.

Crazy things had happened that morning, from my loud scream as a snake slithered past me to another set of hikers kindly informing us of the bear poo that was just off the trail (I did NOT need to know that!!).

Then the unthinkable happened, I fell and broke my leg, not a nice clean break, but shattered the fibula and broke the tibia.

Needless to say, the hike came to an abrupt halt as we tried to call for help, but where we were in the canyon there was absolutely zero cell service.

Long story short (those who know me know the whole story anyway) I was medivac’d off the mountain and found myself in surgery 11 days later.

Getting off the mountain was the first of several very long and painful trips that I would end up taking through the healing process.

I made it through by the grace of God, there were so many God moments in that trip, I know that He is the One that sustains me.

Everything I do, is for His glory, because it is God who sustains me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...