Monday, June 22, 2020

Temper


What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you? You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it.
- James 4:1-2 (NLT)

Have you seen the commercial for Vicks nasal spray, where the child starts to throw a tantrum and before he can get 100% in, the mother throws herself on the floor, full on screaming, kicking, hitting the floor?
It lasts probably 10 seconds, she stands up, brushes herself off, looks at her son with an “are you finished now” look and they both walk calmly away.
I think every parent in the universe has wanted to do that at some point.
I am sure you are wondering what that commercial has to do with the verse I chose today.
Think about it, read the verse again. . . don’t children (and some adults) have tantrums when they don’t get what they want?
Now look at what is happening around our country the last few weeks, and tell me that it is not the result of evil desires.
People need to start focusing on God and His word and stop listening to the voice of evil that is turning their hearts.
Love only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...