Friday, June 5, 2020

renew


Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
- Psalm 51:10-11 (NIV)

We all need to take some time to refresh, rejuvenate, and relax.
Think about a hunk of metal, perhaps tarnished and ugly, but in the right hands it can become a work of art, forged by fire, a beautiful sword or knife.
God does this with us, he refines us.
OH! Song reference!
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold
Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will
Purify my heart
Cleanse me from within
And make me holy
Purify my heart
Cleanse me from my sin
Deep within
Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will
God can take our hearts, no matter what we have done, no matter how tiny we think our heart is, He can purify it, refine it, renew us.
Seek God, don’t turn away, He will refresh you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...